i have my vault syncing on dropbox. i have just created a family account. how to get vault over?

ejj21
ejj21
Community Member

how to get my current vault (synced on dropbox) into my newly created family account w/ you all ?? i use macs and iOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:teams-admin-access-control, kb:sync-options, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Hi @ejj21,

Great question! We've got a step-by-step guide that will walk you through the process. This will be easiest to do from one of your Macs.

Migrate to a Family or Team account

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here to help if you have any questions along the way. :)

• ejj21
    ejj21
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

i want to migrate the vault to the family account so i can use 1password on multiple devices, and so i can quit having my vault on dropbox. i can not figure out how to do this. someone please give me the exact steps to do this. the video is no help.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: mnac 10.9.5
    Sync Type: dropbox for now
    Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:account-key, kb:teams-families-migrate, ug:mac/switch-vaults, kb:teams-families-migrate

• ejj21
    ejj21
    Community Member

i am trying to migrate my vault on my mac to my families account. from the link you give me, i am trying to do this from my desktop:

Open and unlock 1Password.
    From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences.
    Click the Accounts icon, then click the + button.

there is no "accounts" icon on the preferences page!

• ejj21
    ejj21
    Community Member

the video is for 1password 6. i am using 1password4. the preference page there has many more options on it than my preference page. how to do this with 1password4 please?? it seems like it should be a simple process to move one vault on my mac to the families account...........good grief.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @ejj21,

I've merged your posts so we can keep the conversation in one place and help you better. I'm sorry for the confusion, as 1Password Families is a new feature it's only integrated in the new version of 1Password. You need to upgrade your 1Password in order to be able to complete the migration process and to use it with Families. You can download it here: https://agilebits.com/downloads . I can see that you're also using an old version of OSX, you might need to upgrade your OSX to be able to install 1Password 6.

Please let us know how this goes for you and if you have any other questions we can help you with :chuffed:

• ejj21
    ejj21
    Community Member

thanks. that needs to be on your main instruction page of how to migrate........

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ejj21,

I’m glad that Pilar’s response helped get you sorted out! I’ll pass your feedback along to our documentation team. :)

This discussion has been closed.