National Geographic Store login not working?

Options

Hi,

I am trying to save my login for the National Geographic Store (https://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/myaccount/login.jsp). The problem is that the page has two forms on the same page, one for new members and one for already registered members. Regardless the way I save the login details (e.g., manually, automatically), when I try to login 1Password consistently autofills the "New Registration" form, which prevents it from working properly. I would be grateful if you could help me find a workaround for this.

I'm using Mac OS X and Google Chrome.

Thanks a lot!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @xsole. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having! I was able to replicate the problem just now myself. I have been doing some work on this kind of situation where the page has log in and register forms on the same page. The reason 1Password gets a bit confused here is because both forms have attributes that indicate they are registration forms given what 1Password is looking for in its current incarnation. For instance, the login form's id is atg_b2cblueprint_registerLoginForm and the register form is atg_b2cblueprint_registerForm. The word "register" there is tripping 1Password up a bit.

I've created a test case for this (currently broken) and opened an issue to track it. We'll look into it and see what we can do to improve. This might take some time so we'll appreciate your patience. In the meantime, I'm sorry the best option is to copy and paste. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

ref: BRAIN-203

• xsole
    xsole
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jxpx777. Thanks for your reply. I understand some websites are not very nicely designed for 1Password to work on them.

Hope you can find a workaround for this. Please keep me posted if that's the case!

Thanks,

Xavi.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your gracious reply, @xsole! We'll definitely update you when we have a fix for this one.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @xsole. Just wanted to give that update I promised. I made an improvement to one of our form filling strategies that allows this page to fill properly. It's in review now and then will have to make its way to the Mac and iOS apps. We're at the end of our release cycle for 6.3 for Mac and 6.4 for iOS is already submitted to Apple for review, so it might be the release after next before we have this available to verify.

Thanks again for the report and helping us make 1Password better. :chuffed:

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.