Will newest version of 1password sync with really old version on iphone 6?

rimfire
rimfire
Community Member

My hard drive was recently replaced on my mac. I was trying to reinstall the addon/extension onto firefox and was not successful. I read a support forum that said to move 1password on my mac to the trash, restart and then go into the archive and download 1password. Somehow I ended up at the upgrade page to purchase. I am open to doing that, I think I bought 1password back in 2010. My concern is: will it sync with my older iphone 1password or will I have to purchase a second upgrade for my iphone? That I don't want to do, too much $$. Please advise and thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button, kb:upgrade-mac, kb:faq

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rimfire,

I took a quick look in our back office records, and I am showing a purchase for 1Password 3 in 2010 attached to the email address that you have in your forum profile. Upgrading to the latest and greatest version of 1Password for Mac is your best option here, particularly if your operating system is up to date (on OS X 10.10 or OS X 10.11).

We’ve got an article in our User Guide that can help you upgrade from 1Password 3 for Mac to the latest version.

My concern is: will it sync with my older iphone 1password or will I have to purchase a second upgrade for my iphone? That I don't want to do, too much $$.

I have good news for you here - the latest version of 1Password for iOS is a free download from the iOS App Store! There are some Pro features available for a one-time In-App Purchase, but you can use the basic features of the app for free.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, we’re here for you. :)

• rimfire
    rimfire
    Community Member

That does help, thank you. I bought the upgrade but now the issue is and I need advice: I am trying to sync the information from my iphone to the new vault I created. I read some instructions that said to go into preferences and turn on wifi sync and then enter the code from my Mac to my iphone. when I open 1password on my iphone and allow new connections the iphone gives me a code to enter on the Mac. I can't enter a new code on either devices. What is going on? I still have my old 1password in my trash, should I use that instead to populate my new vault with my login info? thank you. Beth

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Beth ( @rimfire ),

It sounds to me like you might be trying to sync between different versions of the app. Wi-Fi syncing was completely re-done between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4. So, if you’re trying to sync from 1Password 3 for iOS to 1Password 6 for Mac, for example, you won’t be able to.

But, we should be able to import the information form 1Password 3 for iOS into the new version of 1Password 6 for iOS. Have you tried downloading the new iOS app yet?

This discussion has been closed.