Poor or broken change detection for folder sync in new 1p version

ralph2342
ralph2342
Community Member

With the 1password version that was the current in january 2016 the change detection for folder sync was very quick. Changes was detected one or two seconds after owncloud (or btsync) have finished syncing.

With the 6.2.1 mac version changes where displayed only if I lock and unlock 1password again. I can see that the band*.js file was synced but 1password don't noticed that.

This problem is reproducible and not limited to one peer of mac's.

Is that behavior desired?

regards
ralph

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: btsync or owncloud

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ralph2342,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this sync issue! It looks like we have identified a regression related to sync that behaves much as you're describing (see related discussion here), but we've isolated it to the Mac App Store version of our app. You haven't mentioned it, so can you please let us know whether you're using the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store or from our AgileBits Store? This will help us identify the issue. Thanks in advance!

ref: OPM-3992

• ralph2342
    ralph2342
    Community Member

You're right. It's the App Store version.

• Hi @ralph2342,

As Vee mentioned, there's a bug in the App Store version. I fixed it up yesterday (and I can confirm that I was the one who introduced the bug, so I'm sorry about that). It should make its way into the 6.3 release that we're still working on.

Rick

• ralph2342
    ralph2342
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ralph2342,

Thanks for your patience! We’ll do what we can to have this update ready for users soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.