How do I uninstall extension if I can't get a window due to not uninstalling first?

visualsspeak
visualsspeak
Community Member

I upgraded to 1password 6, it was working fine. Then I needed to put in my license. Now I can't get a Chrome window, it only opens tabs (which I can't see.) I also cannot get to a Chrome menu bar.

I didn't realize I had to uninstall old extensions first.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:uninstall-1password, kb:uninstall-extension

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @visualsspeak,

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with 1Password here. Unfortunately, I’m not quite sure I understand exactly what you’re seeing.

It’s true that uninstalling the old versions of the browser extensions will make things a lot less confusing, but having them shouldn’t cause that much trouble... Could you tell me a bit more about the trouble? It sounds to me like Chrome is not opening properly. Are you seeing any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Once we know a bit more about the situation, we should be able to give you advice on how to get it all sorted out. :)

• visualsspeak
    visualsspeak
    Community Member

Thanks Megan,
    You are right, there were other things that were preventing Chrome from working. I think I have it figured out now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @visualsspeak,

I’m glad to hear you’ve figured it out!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.