RECOVERY OF SETTINGS AND PASSWORDS

m_smith
m_smith
Community Member

HI, My mac died on me last night. I've now got a new one. I was able to recover the old user folder from the broken mac. Is there a way I can retrieve my passwords and data from the old user folder?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @m_smith,

I'm sorry to hear that your Mac suffered a hardware failure. If you have the old user folder, it's absolutely possible to recover your database. But the easier way would be to recover from a sync vault. Were you syncing to anything like say Dropbox? If so, you should just be able to setup 1Password again and to point it to that vault on Dropbox (or iCloud).

Assuming you weren't syncing to anything, here's the paths that you'd want to copy over:

AgileBits Store Version

All of your data is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/. If you copy that folder over (and set the permissions/ownership correctly), you should have your data in 1Password again.

Alternatively you can just grab the latest backup that 1Password made automatically for you in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups/ and restore from it.

Mac App Store Version

All of your data is stored in ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/. If you copy that folder over (and set the permissions/ownership correctly), you should have your data in 1Password again.

Alternatively you can just grab the latest backup that 1Password made automatically for you in ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/ and restore from it.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.