Using 1Password 3.8.2 Just upgraded to El Capitan. Majority of passwords disappeared. How To Fix?

Mayo
Mayo
Community Member

Using 1Password 3.8.2 Upgraded to El Capitan. Majority of passwords just disappeared and remaining ones have been modified or switched. I have a Time Machine backup. How do I recapture my passwords and then upgrade to latest version?

1Password Version: 3.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: Time Machine
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded mac and lost all passwords

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @mayo,

Unfortunately development stopped on 1Password 3 since about 2013. Unfortunately Mac OS X has changed enough over the years that 1Password 3 doesn't really work all that well and frequently has crashes etc.

I would have to recommend you upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6. Unfortunately upgrading to 1Password 6 from 1Password 3 is a paid upgrade. But the upside is that as a 1Password 3 license holder you are eligible for favourable upgrade pricing. :chuffed:

We also have this really awesome thing called 1Password for Families. You can read all about it ​here:

1Password for Families

It may be a better option for you than licensing one of our individual apps. It offers all kinds of great features above what the standalone apps do, such as:

• Access to all of our compatible apps, so you can get to your 1Password data on any supported platform
    • Web access to your data, so if you are at a trusted computer that does not (or cannot!) have 1Password installed, you can still get to your information
    • Your data is automatically available to all of your devices when you sign into your 1Password account. No need to muck about setting up syncing through a 3rd party service
    • Ability to easily share selected information with your family members
    • The account owner(s) can help family members recover their account if they forget their Master Password, or lose their account key. With the standalone apps, if you forget your Master Password, you are faced with starting over. There is no other way in.
    • Speaking of the account key, this is an additional layer of security exclusive to 1Password for Families & 1Password for Teams..

But if you’d rather purchase a license than have a subscription we can definitely point you in the right direction. Please drop us an email to support+sales@agilebits.com (include a link to this thread) and we’ll be happy to work with you to figure out which option is best for your situation.

This discussion has been closed.