1Password icon vanished from Safari Toolbar in OS X El Capitan

Allisong
Allisong
Community Member

When I updated to OS X El Capitan (currently using Version 10.11.14), the 1Password icon vanished from my Safari Toolbar (using Safari Version 9.1). I've cleared any duplicate copies of 1Password (currently using Version 6.2.1, originally purchased thru Mac App Store) and re-booted. "Always keep 1Password mini running" and "Show mini app icon in the menu bar" are both selected in 1Password Preferences. The only way I can access 1Password is off my dock or via the keyboard shortcut. Then after clicking the link to the site I want, I have to manually copy my username and manually copy the password to the login page. Very time-consuming, and frustrating when I used to be able to just click the 1Password icon, log into 1Password and click the link for the site I wanted to log into (after which username and password transferred automatically).

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Allisong,

I’m so sorry for the frustration here! I rely on 1Password’s filling so much in a day, I can understand how much you must miss it.

However, it should be a simple matter to get that browser extension back. Please go to our extension download page and press the big green button. That should download the extension for you. The page will include instructions on how to complete the installation.

• Allisong
    Allisong
    Community Member

That did it! Thanks SO much!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Allisong,

I’m so glad to hear it!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.