Thought my single license for a Mac could be used on another Mac in household. Can't get it to work.

puffin511
puffin511
Community Member

I thought my single license for my Mac could be used on my husband's Mac in our household. I can't seem to get the license to apply. Have downloaded 1 Password on his Mac and entered passwords, but it says it's in trial mode. You sent me another link to the license to my email, but when I forward that email to his computer and try to apply it, I just get to your website to download the application. I have looked in your support forums but still can't find the solution. I need help; spent several hours with it last night. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I apply license to another Mac in home? Can't find account key

Comments

• Hi @puffin511 ,

It sounds like you are clicking the download link and not the license link. Check the email for another link. The email should also contain an attachment. That attachment is a license file. Opening that on the other computer should launch 1Password and license it.

If your email does not have that license file attachment, you can request it be resent here: https://agilebits.com/store/licenses

Cheers,
    Kevin

• puffin511
    puffin511
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

I was clicking on the license link, and there was no attachment. When I clicked on "Click here to Apply Your 1 Password License" link, it took me to this web page: https://agilebits.com..
    Now, when I click on link above, at the top of the page in a pink box is the following message: License [Admin edit: license number removed for privacy] has been downloaded too many times and has been deactivated. Please contact support@agilebits.com to reactivate.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @puffin511,

Thanks for specifying the error message that you were seeing, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please do email support@agilebits.com with a link to this forum thread and your license information, and someone from our sales team will review your license activity and reply to your email. We look forward to sorting this out for you. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.