How much is the 1Password Team and pro features?

PMG
PMG
Community Member

How much would the cost for 1Password Team be?
My company has a core staff of 12 members, but we constantly have numerous freelancers that could utilize this as well. Will there be charges for each user?
How many users can be delegated?
What are the benefits to having a Team account vs. 1Password account being that this can be downloaded across unlimited devices?
How long before Teams become a finalized application?

Also, I have download the application for my desktop, but am hesitant to run the trial because I don't want to create a master password with out careful consideration in case I decide to purchase. Can the same trial be used on multiple devices so that various persons can use the trial?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How much is the pro features?

Comments

• Hey @PMG! We haven't announced pricing for 1Password for Teams quite yet since it's still in beta, but we're nearing the launch of things. I'd be happy to answer your questions about specifics.

My company has a core staff of 12 members, but we constantly have numerous freelancers that could utilize this as well. Will there be charges for each user?

It will indeed be per user. You can also have Guests in your Team for freelancers and anyone else who isn't going to be at your company long term. Details on how many Guests come with each plan will be announced with pricing.

How many users can be delegated?

You can have as many users as you need on your Team. Some companies that use Teams have more than 100.

What are the benefits to having a Team account vs. 1Password account being that this can be downloaded across unlimited devices?

Other than 1Password for Teams, the only way to use 1Password in a business setting is to simply buy licenses for each person at the company. This can end up being rather expensive since each person needs an individual license, though we do offer volume discounts on them through our business store. Teams includes all the 1Password apps in the subscription, and it gives you an easy way to share passwords, credit cards, and other data with the rest of your team. You can also manage who has access to everything, and use Guests as I mentioned before, which aren't possible when just using the app.

How long before Teams become a finalized application?

We're hoping to wrap it up very soon.

Also, I have download the application for my desktop, but am hesitant to run the trial because I don't want to create a master password with out careful consideration in case I decide to purchase. Can the same trial be used on multiple devices so that various persons can use the trial?

Absolutely! What platform are you using primarily? 1Password for Teams is supported in our Windows 10 app, but not in the apps for older versions of Windows. We're working on support there. Let us know what your setup is so we can recommend what works best for you. :)

• PMG
    PMG
    Community Member

Thank @penderworth for all the information.

I have one last question:
    Since Teams are still in beta, but there is no pricing how do we
    a). Use the trial for Teams?
    b). Download the Team beta application?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PMG: Sorry for the confusion! When you signup, you automatically get a 30 day trial. And you don't even have to fill out an application! Okay, just kidding. I know you meant a computer application, but I couldn't resist! ;)

And in fact, there is no separate "1Password Teams" app. You can simply sign up for 1Password Teams and then login to your 1Password account in the apps. Just follow this guide to get started:

Quick Start: 1Password Families and Teams

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Teams pricing page is now available: https://1password.com/teams/pricing/

This discussion has been closed.