How to Change PIN

Options
idgoddard
idgoddard
Community Member

Apparently I've forgotten the PIN on my iOS devices. Each time I have to enter PIN I get "incorrect pin." How can I correct this, or change the PIN?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:Change pin , kb:android-pin-code-prompt, kb-search:Change pin , kb-search:What is my pin, kb:android-pin-code-prompt

Comments

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently I've forgotten the PIN on my iOS devices. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb-search:Change pin , kb:android-pin-code-prompt, kb-search:Change pin , kb-search:What is my pin, kb:android-pin-code-prompt

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @idgoddard,

I merged both of your posts so we can help you better by keeping the conversation in one place! I'd like to ask you a couple of questions so things are clearer here for us. What version of 1Password and iOS are you using? Is your Master Password working properly? I hope we sort this out soon! :chuffed:

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar, Thanks for responding so promptly. I wasn't sure if my first post went through.

I'm using iOS 9.3.1 - I can't find what version of 1Password I'm using on iOS? Where is it? (For this dialog I'm using a MacBook Pro - OS X 10.11.4) Yes, Master Password is working fine.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @idgoddard

If you are using 1Password 6 for iOS (see below), you can change the PIN in 1Password > Settings > Security, after unlocking 1Password using your Master Password.

If you are using version 3, there is no way to change the PIN without entering the correct one first.

Ben

• idgoddard
    idgoddard
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi bwoodruff, I can only assume that I have 1Password6 on my iOS devices. Given that - in 1Password Settings Security - when I try to turn on PIN Code I get "Device Passcode Required - To use a PIN Code to unlock 1Password, please enable device Passcode in iPad Settings."

What does that mean? I do not see anything like this in Settings on the iPads .. sorry if I'm confused.

Where can I find what 1Password version I am using? I have icon D as in your note - is this the indication? I see a note indicating "Version 6.3.1 ...."

Ian

P.S. OK - I GOT IT! Confusing nonetheless - both issues.

• Ben
    Options

Hi Ian,

Yes, you have version 6.3.1 then. :) Glad to hear you were able to get the issue sorted out. A PIN ("Passcode") unlock must be enabled for the device itself in order for 1Password to have one, which is why you saw that message.

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.