Attachments showing zero size

Guildy
Guildy
Community Member

Hello

Yesterday, I added a number of exceptionally important (to me) photos (.jpg) to a secure note in 1Password. I checked them and they opened perfectly.

I have come to them today and they are showing as empty and zero bytes and nothing will open. I have synced all macs and the attachments are not shown on the synced machines - only the empty files are shown on the Mac I added them to.

I'm in a real panic! Can anybody offer any assistance? I have fully deleted them from photos for mac (and deleted from the deleted folder) so I am unable to retreive them anywhere except 1Password. I had thought this would be the safest and secure place for them!

Any help is truly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Guildy,

I think the best way to try and help is for us to review a couple of diagnostic reports, one from the Mac that you added the attachments on and any another Mac that should have picked up the synced items, this guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two as well as an indicator of which Mac you added the items to so we can review each diagnostic report appropriately.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID to help us quickly locate the report will mean we can get onto this right away. I would also be curious to know if you use Time Machine at all as that may be a way of recovering what seems to be lost. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly for you.

• Guildy
    Guildy
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Hello

I have sent the reports and the ticket reference is #LBS-69422-272. (I've just noticed I followed the instructions and sent to support+mac instead of support+forum. I can resend if you like).

I use a backup system of Time Machine and Backblaze but unfortunately I was very quick in adding the files to photos library (which was synced via iCloud) and then deleting them so none of them had chance to synchronize.

Many thanks.

• Jacob
    edited April 2016

@Guildy Thanks for sending that over. Could you resend it, actually? It came through without the Diagnostics Report attachment, which is what we're looking for. ;)

ref: #LBS-69422-272

This discussion has been closed.