Secure Note edit in iOS is not syncing via Dropbox to Mac until force quit iOS app

Options
dude1234
dude1234
Community Member

Hi, I made an edit to an existing Secure Note 1P iOS 6.3.1 and selected Done. When I opened the Mac app v6.3.BETA-9 later in the day and went back to that same Secure Note, I found the edits were not synced to the Mac. I looked at the iOS Secure Note and the edits were captured and appearing there. Confirmed Dropbox had synced both within the iOS app (within 23 seconds) and in the Dropbox Mac app. I tapped "sync now" in iOS and nothing changed on the Mac side.

I rarely make edits of any sort within 1P iOS but since I've seen this previously, I force quit the iOS app, re-opened, and immediately saw the Dropbox Mac app sync and found the edits were then appearing in the Mac version of that Secure Note.

Is there anything I can do to avoid going through this in the future?

1Password Version: iOS 6.3.1 & Mac 6.3.BETA-9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox (for this issue)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dude1234,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue? I.e. does this happen every time you make an edit on iOS?

Please let us know.

Ben

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I've not seen this consistently reproduced but will try in the next few days and repost here.

To add to my original note, I made the edit while on the cell network but in an area of inconsistent signal. When identifying the sync discrepancy, both the iPhone and the Mac were on a wifi connection with no other connectivity issues.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @dude1234. It's possible the change simply didn't sync on the cell network if it was hard to get a reliable signal. But please do keep us posted if you can reproduce it.

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I've updated to 1P iOS v6.4 and just reproduced the issue though it seems to be independent of the data connection. After making an edit to a Secure Note while on wifi, I tapped Done and then rapidly exited the app by clicking the home button. I waited a few moments and confirmed the edit did not cross over to the Mac. I then reopened the iOS app, was prompted for my password rather than using Touch ID to unlock, and a few moments later the edit crossed over to the Mac.

I'm wondering if my exiting the app quickly is interfering. Could there be anything to this?

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dude1234

Does it work fine if you don't leave quickly?

If so, then it's possible there's something important happening there and I'd like to get a diagnostics report from you:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi AGKyle, I have just emailed as requested. The support ID provided to me is #QMV-42133-822.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dude1234

Received and responding soon :)

Lets keep the discussion in the email for now and if we learn anything important enough that deserves follow up here we'll post once we have a solution.

This discussion has been closed.