Fresh install is linked to old trial account

petew
petew
Community Member

Hi There,

I vaguely remember installing 1password to trial for use by myself AND my business last year. It wasn't the right product for us, but now I wish to use it to replace Roboform for my own personal use only. I've set up a Family trial account and installed it successfully on my iMac and my Android phone.

However, when I install it on my Macbook, when I load it, it asks for my password but only accepts the one from the old trial I did last year. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but it never asks me to create a new vault or sign in to a Team account etc., it just somehow remembers the old installation/account from last year.

How can I make it forget the old trial/installation for which I have no use and prompt me to sign into my new Family/Team account when I do a fresh install like it did correctly on my iMac?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@petew: No problem! Please check our this guide in our knowledgebase:

Starting over with an empty vault

But you can also use the Data Reset Utility to automate the process. Before we go too far, you should back up your existing data by selecting File > Backup from the menu bar. Then follow these steps to start over with a new vault:

1. Download the Data Reset Utility
    2. Double-click the ZIP file to decompress it (if your browser didn't do that for you automatically)
    3. Control-click on the tool and select "Open" from the shortcut menu

4. Follow the prompts, and 1Password should give you the chance to start with a new vault, or login with a 1Password Account

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• petew
    petew
    Community Member

That worked. Thank you! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear :smile: If you have any other questions at all @petew please do ask.

• petew
    petew
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Thanks. Further to the above, in order to migrate all my data from Roboform to 1password, I need to install them both on a PC. Fortunately I have one. However, when I just installed 1password on it, when I open it, it asks for a password that isn't the same as the new one I've set up. I think the same issue applies here in that at some point in time gone past, I trialled 1password on the Windows PC to try it out and it wasn't appropriate for me at the time.

Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't work and I have no idea what account or password it expects from me.

Where can I find the Data Reset Utility for Windows please? Or if not that, what's the solution here?

Thanks again!

• @petew,

You should be able to hopefully reset the windows install using these directions.

Let us know if you need any additional help!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.