TomTom GPS support

Options
woolfcoop
woolfcoop
Community Member

TomTom has modal(?) windows that are not recognized by 1P and therefore cannot save login information. The window just floats above everything in its own little world. TomTom HOME.app and TomTom MyDrive Connect.app. Fortunately, I can remember my login.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:tomtom

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @woolfcoop,

I hope you don't mind but I moved your post from our Lounge section to the Mac dedicated forum.

1Password for Mac at the moment can only interact with web browsers that have our 1Password Browser extension installed. So even if the TomTom app is showing you a web page, but is doing so from within their application then we won't be able to interact with the page either to save or fill. In situations like this you would need to manually create a Login item and then copy and paste if you need to routinely log in.

I may be misunderstanding some part of the query so please do correct me if that is the case. I do hope one day we can interact with applications in a more general sense than we can now but for the moment it's just within a real browser that has our extension installed. We'll wait to hear back from you to see if I'm on the right path at all :smile:

• woolfcoop
    woolfcoop
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense for their apps. Thanks for making clear what iP does, just in Safari.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad I could help @woolfcoop, even if it wasn't the response you might have been hoping for. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.