Intermittent synch failure between Macs

CharPatton
CharPatton
Community Member

1PW 6.2.1, OS 10.11.4
Normally 1PW works great and is totally awesome and convenient. However, occasionally data fails to synch across the 3 computers I use it on. As an example, on my MBP, it says "Sync Primary Vault with DropBox, last synched 13 days ago." But this morning I generated a few new passwords and logins on our iMac and those data are not available now on my MBP. How do I get everything automatically synching again so that new info is always available from the cloud on all of our devices? Thank you very much!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:lack of syncing

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@CharPatton does anything in this knowledge base article help?

Dropbox sync is not working in 1Password

Stephen

• CharPatton
    CharPatton
    Community Member

Good advice all, but unfortunately no obvious issues in any of that and still not working. The file in Dropbox seems to have my most recent additions, but the date modified on the MBP was 13 days ago, while that on the iMac was a few minutes ago. Dropbox says all is fine and seems to be working well with other files. I'm stumped why the MBP is not updating its 1Password info. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CharPatton: Do the vault paths match on both Macs? If they're each syncing with a different vault in Dropbox, that would explain the discrepancy. Also, make sure you have the latest version of Dropbox installed — and running — on both Macs, or changes won't be sync'd. If you follow the guide above, it includes testing to verify if file changes from the Mac are being sent and received from Dropbox in the first place. If they aren't, 1Password won't get the latest data either. Please let us know what you find!

• CharPatton
    CharPatton
    Community Member

Think I went thru all the advice in the post one by one and couldn't find an issue. I don't like to post personal stuff on a public forum. Is there an AgileBits-Only e-mail where I may send screen shots of the setup? Thank you.

• @CharPatton No problem! Please do send those screenshots over. You can reach us at support@agilebits.com. Post back here once you've sent us an email and include the BitBot confirmation number you receive after dispatching that email so we can connect this thread with it. Thanks!

• CharPatton
    CharPatton
    Community Member

PS: support ID is [#JIB-71322-295]

Thanks!

• @CharPatton Thanks! We'll get back to you as soon as possible. :)

ref: #JIB-71322-295

This discussion has been closed.