I just got another mac book air and am trying to import my data. Pls call [Removed] Shirley

managershirley
managershirley
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

OK - I started a few years ago using 1password on my Mac Book Air and just loved it. I periodically wifi synched 1password with my computer and i-phone - no problem. (The program I am using is 1password 5.)
Today I got another Mac Book Air and imported my 1password data from my old computer to the new one. Seemed to work fine.
Then I tried to do a wifi synch with my new computer and my iPhone - the iPhone didn't pick up the "code" to allow a Synch.
It doesn't recognize the new computer.
When all my files are copied onto my new computer - I plan to delete 1password off my old computer. Will that wipe out all my passwords as that is my primary one? How do I get my iPhone and new computer to synch over the wifi?
Suggestions appreciated...
Shirley

1Password Version: 1password5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi synch
Referrer: kb:starting-over, kb-search:how to use 1password on another computer, kb:sync-options, kb:export, kb:sync-options

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @managershirley,

I removed your phone number to keep your privacy, this is a public forum so everyone could see it!
    I don't know exactly what you've tried already, so in case you have not seen it, you can find the detailed instructions to set up Wi-Fi syncing here: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/sync-over-wifi.html.

If you've done that and you're still having issues, I'd recommend you to follow the steps in this troubleshooting guide. It might just do the trick for you!

If the guide doesn't solve it either, let us know and we'll help you figure out what else might be going on. If you want to fully remove everything from 1Password from your Mac (to give it to someone else, for example), you should follow this guide: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/mac.html

I hope this helps you and that your new computer gets fully set up with 1Password soon! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@managershirley: Indeed, it sounds like your iPhone is still paired to sync with the old Mac. You should be able to get it working again by reconfiguring sync.

1. Backup your data
    2. Disable sync in 1Password for iOS Settings > Sync > Sync Service
    3. In 1Password for Mac, go to Preferences > Wi-Fi Server, right-click the secret shown there, and select "Generate New Secret"
    4. Setup Wi-Fi Sync in 1Password for iOS

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

• managershirley
    managershirley
    Community Member

Good job!!! You nailed it!!! Works like a charm. I'm doing my happy dance!

• @managershirley Woot! :lol: On behalf of Pilar and brenty, you're welcome! We're here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.