Test Families before going all in

tastyroadkill
tastyroadkill
Community Member

Hi, is there a guide that walks existing users through how we can test Families without going all in?

I want to give it a try, but would like the option for reverting back to our existing 1Password software (v6).

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tastyroadkill: Yep! I recommend migrating your data to your 1Password Families "Personal" vault, but only copying it over. Then go to 1Password Preferences > All Vaults, uncheck your Primary vault to hide it (so you don't have to struggle with having two of everything) while you use the free trial of 1Password Families.

Alternatively, you could move everything to 1Password Families vaults and then move the data back to local vaults if you decide not to continue. I hope this helps! :)

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member

beware though if you add or modify passwords, the local Primary vault will not reflect the changes .. so, make sure you manually update any entries locally to keep things in sync. I would recommend doing a Move then if you decide to not use Families, move the entries back to your local vault. Keep in mind that local Attachments are handled differently when you migrate to Familes and will be converted to Documents.

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member

@brenty @rr0ss0rr Thanks for the informative and helpful replies.

• @tastyroadkill On behalf of brenty and rr0ss0rr, you're welcome. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.