1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Sto

saazny
saazny
Community Member

This is the second time this mesage has appeared. I had to delete and download my app from the apple store the first time before it would allow me to open the app on my mac desktop. It still works as an extension of chrome or saffari but i cant open up the actual 1 p[assowr program

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@saazny please refer to this sticky at the top of the forum. Does it help?

Stephen

• Hi @saazny! Let us know if the post Stephen linked to helped out. I just glanced at it again and wondered if anyone was still encountering this issue. Hopefully not. :)

• David Faigenbaum
    David Faigenbaum
    Community Member

I have had the same message after upgrading from 6.3.4 to 6.3.5 . I needed to use time machine to revert back to version 6.3.4. which is working once more. Is there an incompatibility with MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 and version 6.3.5??
    Also I did not purchase !Password from the App store so cannot download from the App Store. I purchased it from Agile direct.??
    Any advice please?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @David Faigenbaum,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the update for 1Password 6.3.5! I'm sure we can help solve this and get it all working correctly again.

First, can you please let us know the exact error message you're getting with 6.3.5? The error the OP was seeing was this one:

That message is specific to the Mac App Store version of 1Password (which is why it refers to downloading it again from the "App Store"). If that's the message you're seeing, it sounds like you have the Mac App Store version of 1Password installed, and you can solve the problem by following the steps here: If you see the message "1Password is damaged and can't be opened"

On the other hand, if you're not getting that exact same message, can you please let us know what it says? If possible, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of it. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• David Faigenbaum
    David Faigenbaum
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Confirming , I indeed have the Mac App version - I was incorrect in stating otherwise.

I have followed your instructions and version 6.3.5 is now running fine.

Thank you very much for your advice and assistance.

Much appreciated.

David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.