Feature Request: Make it clear that spaces in the secret code should NOT be entered

1PMacUser
1PMacUser
Community Member

In Preferences -> Wi-Fi Server window, make it clear that spaces in the secret code should NOT be entered.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.4.1 (541003) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1PMacUser,

The secret can be entered without or without spaces. I believe 1Password for iOS strips them but I've always entered them just a preference thing. Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things I tested just now although I was using the latest versions of 1Password for Mac and iOS. On that topic, is there are reason you're running 1Password 5? 1Password 6 for Mac is a free update to all existing 1Password 4 & 5 for Mac customers so your licence will work in 1Password 6 for Mac.

• 1PMacUser
    1PMacUser
    Community Member

I noted this down some time ago and finally got about to posting about it recently, so I forget the details. I just remember there was some frustration getting it to work until I finally tried entered the code without spaces. It might spare future users some frustration if it were they knew it was best not to use spaces in the secret code.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@1PMacUser,

It should definitely work either way. I tested as well, and it worked with and without them. But I am using the latest versions of 1Password for Mac (6.2.1) and iOS (6.3.1). It's possible there was a bug in the older version you are using that we resolved since then. We'll keep an eye on it. :)

This discussion has been closed.