Feature Request: Useful info in Website & Username in Item List Layout "Top" for Email Account items

1PMacUser
1PMacUser
Community Member

This is an enhancement idea for 1Password 5 on Mac.
When using Item List Layout "Top" and displaying Email Account items, display something useful in the Website & Username columns.
They are currently blank.

The Website column might display the domain portion of the username and Username column might display the username portion.
Example: If username is MyAccount@fastmail.com then display fastmail.com in the Website column and display MyAccount in the Username column.

Or, the Username column could display the entire username and the Website column could display the value from the "provider's website" field.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.4.1 (541003) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@1PMacUser Both Website and Username columns display what you have in the individual Items pane. If yours are blank, that means you haven't entered info there. Of course, non-login items won't have anything listed there. HTH

• @1PMacUser You're just on a post-roll here aren't you? ;) Looks like vplewis beat me to this one, and quite right. Let us know if you have any followup questions.

• 1PMacUser
    1PMacUser
    Community Member

In case there's confusion about my previous post, I'm referring to the summary list of items at the top, not the lower pane that displays properties of the selected item.

The summary list does indeed display the values of Website & Username properties for "Login" items, but it does not for "Email Account" items, even if properties of an Email Account item are specifically renamed "Website" and/or "Username".

My suggestion is to have the summary list display something useful in those two columns when displaying Email Account items. Otherwise, to make use of the "Email Account" category, the user needs to add extra information in the item's Title to be able to quickly differentiate between a list of email accounts in the summary list.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@1PMacUser,

Only default fields are displayed in the columns at the top, so any custom fields you add will not be listed there. I'll make sure the devs get your suggestion, but any improvement we make would be to the current version 6 of 1Password rather than the old version 5. :)

This discussion has been closed.