1P is running very slowly.

rdavis7373
rdavis7373
Community Member

1P is frequently responding sluggishly (with pinwheels). The occurs when I open from Safari - the window renders, but the pinwheel may spin for 3-10 seconds before I can select menu option.

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:1P is running very slowly. I'm getting pinwheel delays on my Macbook Air when opening the app.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rdavis7373,

Sorry to hear 1Password is being sluggish for you!

Does this happen only when unlocking 1Password (i.e. when entering your master password in the extension), or is it slow every time you try to use the 1Password extension in Safari (even if it's already unlocked)? Are you having a similar problem in the main 1Password app, or just when using the extension / 1Password mini?

I noticed you said you're using version 6.2, but the latest update is 6.2.1. You should install that to see if it makes any difference. If you have the AgileBits Store version, open the main 1Password app on your Mac and go to the menu for 1Password 6 > Check for Updates. If you have the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section.

If that doesn't help, you can also try restarting 1Password mini. From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

Does any of that help? Let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• percyhanna
    percyhanna
    Community Member

I am also experiencing extreme slowness in 1Password starting recently (maybe ~1-2 weeks). The most noticeable is when I unlock 1Password by entering the password. It takes 3-10 seconds to unlock, and often there's a SBOD after it unlocks as well.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @percyhanna,

I'm sorry you're also having trouble with that! We're aware of an issue that can cause a delay when unlocking the 1Password extension or 1Password mini. Is that where you're seeing the problem happen, or does it happen when unlocking the main 1Password app? Also, just to make sure I understand, are you saying you also get the spinning beachball randomly when using 1Password, even when it's already unlocked?

Have you tried restarting 1Password mini by following the steps in my previous post? If so, does that seem to help at all? If not, does it help if you restart your Mac?

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• rdavis7373
    rdavis7373
    Community Member

I updated to 6.2.1 and restarted 1P mini. Can't duplicate problem anymore. Wish me luck. Thanks for your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news @rdavis7373!

Now, it's possible you were running into an issue our developers have been working on, and if so, the problem might happen again at some point (although it may take several days or more). If it does, restarting 1Password mini should help again. Our developers are trying to get some more information to figure out exactly why this happens so they can solve it permanently, and if you'd like to help, we'll be happy to let you know how.

Cheers! :)

• percyhanna
    percyhanna
    Community Member

I've updated and restarted 1Password Mini. So far so good.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it, @percyhanna! Thanks for following up to let us know. If the problem was part of the known issue I referred to earlier, it might happen again at some point. Our developers are working on that, but restarting 1Password mini should help in the meantime.

• BobSz
    BobSz
    Community Member

I'm having a similar problem. 1P v6.31 is frequently responding sluggishly (with pinwheels). The occurs when I open from Safari v9.1.1 or the Menubar on an iMac with El Capitan v10.11.5 but the pinwheel may spin for 8-10 seconds before I can select menu option. When unlocking 1P v6.42 on my iPhone 6+ with OS v9.32 via Touch ID I get a similar delay. I have tried quitting 1P Mini and restarting. I use Dropbox v6.4.14 The problem has persisted through the last OS X system upgrade and several 1P upgrades. I was hoping this would resolve itself with updates, I see from above that the engineers have worked this or a similar issue, but for me this still persists. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or if the is another fix in the pipeline. Thanks in advance for your help. Loooong time 1P user.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BobSz,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into a delay when unlocking 1Password on your Mac and iPhone! We'll do our best to help you get to the bottom of this.

Our developers solved the original issue that was being discussed in this thread, so it sounds like you're experiencing a different problem with similar symptoms. The original issue was also specific to unlocking it from 1Password mini / browser extension on a Mac - unlocking the main 1Password app worked correctly. What happens when you unlock the main app on your Mac instead of unlocking 1Password mini / browser extension? If there's no significant delay in the main app, then the delay on your iPhone is probably just a coincidence.

On the other hand, if there's also a delay when unlocking the main 1Password app on your Mac, I could see that being related to the delay on your iPhone if there's something about your data which is causing it on both platforms. For example, do you have a very large number of items in your vault(s)? Or do you have lots of files (or some very large file) attached to your items?

Aside from that, in order to figure out what's causing that to happen, I'd like to ask you to create Diagnostics Reports from your Mac and iPhone:

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email(s), along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• BobSz
    BobSz
    Community Member

I submitted diagnostics from both the iMac & iPhone: Support ID numbers #IWP-89747-581 & #SDS-15484-897

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @BobSz! I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: SDS-15484-897

This discussion has been closed.