Can I go from Families to just a License?

linders33
linders33
Community Member

Hi,

I just signed up yesterday using 1password families under the free trial, but am debating the subscription vs the license. Is there a way to convert from the families to a license? I will be the only one using it right now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

There's not license conversion as far as i know.
    But the choice of the subscription (family) or perpetual (standard app) really up to you and your needs. Since you have multiple devices (phone, tablet and computer) and you are multiple user (as a family). It can be more interesting to buy a subscription as you will alway have access to all version of apps and always have updates.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @linders33,

Thanks for trying 1Password Families! We appreciate you giving it a shot.

If you have an active 1Password Families subscription, you and everyone who is part of your family account get all the apps on all platforms (including Pro features on mobile devices) for free.

As @guillaumeserton mentioned, there is not a conversion per se. But you can buy a license at any time.

If you decide to do that, let me know if you have any data you need to move to a local vault (one that is not in the family account you plan to delete). I can give you more specific instructions if you let me know which platform(s) you are using. :)

Cheers!

• Michael Will
    Michael Will
    Community Member

Keep in mind that when Agilebits says "all platforms", they don't mean windows 7 or windows 8.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That's true at the moment, @Michael Will. Good catch. Thank you for clarifying that.

This discussion has been closed.