Dropbox will no longer sync any changes between my devices. I tried the troubleshooting tips too.

Options
Escott
Escott
Community Member

I tried everything on your website to troubleshoot this. If I make any changes it won't change on the other device (Mac, iPhone, ipad).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• Escott
    Escott
    Community Member
    Options

Mac is 1password 6, I can't figure out what version it is on my iPads or iPhone.

• Escott
    Escott
    Community Member
    Options

I found the iOS version. Is is version 6.3.1

• coachbb94
    coachbb94
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem.
    Mac v6.2.1
    IOS 6.3.1 (iPad and iPhone)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Escott, @coachbb94: It sounds like you're saying that Dropbox is not syncing any changes at all. Is that correct? If so, ultimately you may need to contact Dropbox, but we'll see if we can narrow down where things are going wrong.

As mentioned in the Dropbox troubleshooting guide, you can verify if Dropbox is sending and receiving data in the first place:

Diagnosing where the sync process fails

For example, what is the path to the vault you're syncing with on each device? It may be that they're simply syncing with separate vaults. Please let me know what you find!

• coachbb94
    coachbb94
    Community Member
    Options

I realize I was not a clear as I could have been. The syncing problem was changes made on the Mac were not being synced to my IOS devices. Today there was an update for the Mac version and after applying it the changes then synced to my IOS devices.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is good news! Thanks for letting us know, @coachbb94. Please do keep us posted if you have any further trouble. We want to make sure everything is working 100% for you. :)

• Escott
    Escott
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I have now figured out that changes I make to 1password on my iMac immediately sync to my iPad and iPhone no problem. The problem is that any changes I make to 1password on my iPhone or iPads DO NOT sync to each other or my iMac. I have gone into 1password settings and pressed "sync" (using dropbox) and nothing syncs from any changes from my iOS devices. I have used 1password for several years and have not had this problem. This is a new issue My software is up to date on my iOS devices, and I am using version 6.4 on my 1password app on my iPhone and iPads. Why is syncing no longer working when I make changes on my iPads and iPhones, but works fine when I make changes on my iMac?

• Escott
    Escott
    Community Member
    Options

Additionally, I have tried to go through the steps on your instructions "Diagnosing where the sync process fails", and I am lost trying to figure out how to get through those steps. I am not a computer expert, and I played around with that for a while and it seems more advanced computer knowledge is needed for figuring out that advanced diagnosis. I felt comfortable doing it initially, but I couldn't find the information that was requested.

• Escott
    Escott
    Community Member
    Options

I found the "1password" file, then went to "data", then "default". There were 286 items inside the "default" folder. That's where I hit a dead end. I didn't know where to go from there because i couldn't open any of those folders.

• Escott
    Escott
    Community Member
    Options

Is this discussion forum still open? Still having problems.

• srayon
    srayon
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

sorry for the confusion... can't delete my post.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sincere apologies for the delayed reply, @srayon.

Can you confirm that you already restarted your Mac, iPhone, and iPad? I am guessing so, since you said you tried everything in our troubleshooting guide already. But I just want to make sure.

We have also released an update to 1Password for iOS since you first posted about this problem. Are you still finding the same problem after updating to 1Password 6.4 on your iPhone and iPad?

If so, what I would suggest is to disable syncing with Dropbox in 1Password on your iPhone and iPad. (Open and unlock 1Password. Tap Settings > Sync > Primary > Sync Service > Disable Sync.)

Then enable syncing with Dropbox once again.

Please let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.