[iOS 9.3.1]Can't open or uninstall the 1Password app

Options
Nickvda
Nickvda
Community Member

Greetings!

After having added a number of login items I found it time to update my key db on my iPhone.
To my surprise, the app is continually in the 'waiting' stage and does not respond to anything.

When trying to remove it, it gives me a confirmation question if I'm sure and after confirming,
nothing happens. I can't remove it through iTunes, either.

What's going on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Wi-fi
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:uninstall-1password, kb-search:iphone can't uninstall 1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nickvda: Ack! I hate when that happens! Unfortunately app installations are handled entirely by the system, so there isn't anything 1Password can do to get itself out of this state.

You may be able to get it unstuck by simply restarting the device, but even that doesn't seem to work consistently. I don't recall having this issue prior to iOS 9, but it's come up a lot these past few months.

Another option, provided you've got a backup of your 1Password data elsewhere, is to delete it from Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage. Otherwise, it should just sort itself out eventually, but you may need to contact Apple if it doesn't. Let me know how it turns out!

• Nickvda
    Nickvda
    Community Member
    Options

I'll be darned! Deleting it through Settings -> * -> Storage Management actually worked. Guess there are literally two ways to delete apps (one from a sort-of sudo viewpoint).

Cheers!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Woo! Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that tip worked. It's come in handy for me as well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.