Is there a process to simultaneously update items that reside in shared vaults?

Options
lisanstus
lisanstus
Community Member

Is there a process to simultaneously update items that reside in shared vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there a process to simultaneously update items that reside in shared vaults?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lisanstus,

Thanks for writing in! We'll be happy to answer your question, but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking. Would you be able to elaborate on what you want to do? Are you making changes to items in a shared vault, but those changes aren't showing up in that vault on other devices? If you can give us more details about what you're trying to do and/or what's currently happening, we should have a better idea how to help. The more details, the better. Thanks! :)

• lisanstus
    lisanstus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi-

I have a Primary Vault that I use for my personal information and I share three additional vaults with each of my kids I typicallyI create a login for the kids in my Primary Vault (so that I have a copy of it should they accidentally delete it), then I share it with them by copying it to their vaults When I update a login in my Primary Vault the update does not appear in my kids' vault; I have to make the change in each vault. Is there a way that I can make the change in my Primary Vault and have it update in the kids' vault?

Thank you

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @lisanstus! I understand what you mean now.

When you copy an item from one vault to another, you're creating a new item that has the same information as the original, but otherwise it's a completely separate item (it's a lot like right-clicking an item and choosing Duplicate to create a copy). So, changes to one won't sync to the other. If you make a change to the item in your Primary vault, you would need to remember to manually make that change to the copy of that item in your kids' vault as well.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• lisanstus
    lisanstus
    Community Member
    Options

Oh well... Thank you so much for your help

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lisanstus,

On behalf of Drew, you are quite welcome. We are always here to answer questions. :)

You might consider creating an additional vault that everyone has access to, so you only have to maintain one copy of the item(s). With a family account, you can set your kids' access to read-only for specific vaults, so they can't accidentally delete items in the shared vault.

This discussion has been closed.