Secure Note Attachment Sync Issue

Options
yosph
yosph
Community Member
edited April 2016 in iOS

Secure note attachments aren't syncing over iCloud. They will only sync over wifi... Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @yosph,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. iCloud should be able to sync attachments just fine. Are you sure it was just attachments that were not syncing, and everything else was?

Ben

• yosph
    yosph
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff,

Yes. Everything else was syncing perfectly but the attachments would not appear. Is there a limit to the size of attachments via iCloud sync?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @yosph.

1. Viewing attachments in 1Password for iOS is a Pro feature. Have you unlocked the Pro features?
    2. Does the issue happen with just one specific item? What happens if you create another Secure Note and attach a file to it? Does that sync?
    3. Does the issue only happen with Secure Notes? Do you have other items with attachments in other categories that are syncing? What if you create a new Login item and attach a file to it? Does that sync?

That should help us narrow it down. :)

• yosph
    yosph
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad,

1. I've unlocked pro features.
    2. It happens with more than one specific item. I tried creating additional secure notes and they did not sync.
    3. I didn't test it with anything other than secure notes.

I actually decided to just stick with wifi sync-ing. It's a bit more secure for me.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yosph,

I actually decided to just stick with wifi sync-ing. It's a bit more secure for me.

That's completely up to you. Your 1Password data is protected with end-to-end encryption, so it is safe even when syncing with iCloud. 1Password simply doesn't rely on iCloud to keep your data safe. 1Password provides its own protection.

I didn't test it with anything other than secure notes.

Sorry for not being clearer. If you do want to switch back to syncing with iCloud, it would be good if you would please test. Please try creating a new item other than a Secure Note, and see if that syncs. If not, it may be that nothing at all is/was syncing. In that case, we don't need to focus on Secure Notes, but rather general troubleshooting for iCloud syncing. A good place to start is:

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

Let me know if you have any other questions or want to get iCloud syncing working. Either way, have a great rest of your week!

• yosph
    yosph
    Community Member
    Options

Understood thanks so much! I'll come back and give you feedback if I switch back to iCloud syncing.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yosph on behalf of @khad, you're welcome! Please do let us know if the problem persists if you switch back to iCloud syncing.

This discussion has been closed.