Mac System Restore; Vault is gone!

Options
mlmurari65
mlmurari65
Community Member

Had to do a system restore on my Mac. Installed 1Password, opened the vault and it is only pulling my iOS vault. I had my OS vault set to back up in the cloud and my Mac 1Password information is gone!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 621001
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Restored Mac and installed 1Password again. Pulling all iOS credentials not OS.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mlmurari65,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you help me understand a bit more about your situation?

1. Did you have 2 vaults before? One on you Mac and a completely separate one on your iOS device? Neither one was being synced to the other before the system restore? You indicated "iCloud" for sync type, but if both your Mac and iOS device were syncing to iCloud, the data should have been the same on your iOS device and your Mac.
    2. Do you have a backup of your Mac from before the system restore?

I'm trying to figure out where the data you are expecting to see in 1Password for Mac currently resides, so we can get it into your new installation of 1Password for Mac.

Please let me know.

• mlmurari65
    mlmurari65
    Community Member
    Options

There were two separate vaults. One iOS specific and the other OS X. I did have separate back up done on the Mac before it was completely restored. This is my work computer, we use CrashPlan for back ups.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlmurari65: If one vault was only on your iOS device, it wouldn't be part of your Mac's backup. However, it sounds like that vault was sync'd with iCloud, and you have it already. Be sure to let me know if that's not the case.

If you have a backup of your Mac's data, you can locate 1Password's support files in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/. You'll find the Backup folder there, and you just need to grab a recent backup file which you can use to restore to a new vault in 1Password for Mac.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.