My Mac laptop shows a corrupt 1 password

Options
ekulis
ekulis
Community Member

It's asking me to download from app store but it's asking me to buy it.

1Password is still working on my iPhone and my mac pro. Don't ask me the version since I can't open it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password stopped working on laptop

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ekulis please refer to this sticky at the top of the forum. Does it help?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ekulis,

I located a license in our back office records attached to the email address in your forum profile. It appears to be for 1Password 3. Now, the upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade, so it’s possible that you purchased the upgrade from the Mac App Store instead of the AgileBits Store. We have no access to records for purchases from Apple, but you should be able to go to the Purchases tab of the App Store and re-download 1Password from there.

I hope this helps, but we’re here if you have any other questions or concerns!

• ekulis
    ekulis
    Community Member
    Options

Right .... It's best if reliability is consistent :-) Software life is too easy these days except when it isn't.
    Megan's "Check the purchase..." clips saved me from the road to perdition.
    That showed that I wasn't signed into the Apple Store so that in the store 1Password display showed "Buy" instead of install.
    So with the sticky sessions sometimes you're still logged in and sometimes your not.
    Once I signed into the App Store the 1Password icon in the store showed install and it installed and promptly updated itself to my current entries.
    Thanks for the quick reply and the great product. Don't know how I'd live without it.
    It definitely gets a pass. Word up. True 'dat...

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ekulis I'm glad that Megan was able to help! I've had similar issues in the past with not realizing that I wasn't signed into the Mac App Store, so I can definitely commiserate there. But it's good that you now have the latest version of 1Password for Mac and can view your data. :)

This discussion has been closed.