I get this message with a typo, An error occured while downloading the license. Please try again

Options
bbcarmi
bbcarmi
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

I have 1password working on my mac at home with the update to 6, but I get a suspicious prompt to download my license for my mac at work- An error occured while downloading the license. Please try again later or register manually.

Typos are generally a sign of phishing or a hacking attempt.

Can you help me access my license key for the purchase made on April 2, 2016 , order number [order number removed by AgileBits] so I can get 1Password to function on this machine?

Thank you,

Blair Carmichael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 An error occurred while downloading the license. Please try again later or register manually.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bbcarmi,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about this! These are public forums so I removed the order number from your post, but if you need a new copy of your license information, you can have it resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site.

I'm curious about the error message you're seeing. What exactly are you doing or trying to do when that message appears? How are you trying to download your license on the work Mac? You said you want to "get 1Password to function on this machine" but you should be able to open and use 1Password even if you haven't activated it with your license (although some functions will be limited if the 30 day trial period has ended).

If possible, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of the error message you're seeing. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.