TouchID and Master Password options after reboot

Options
SAltaWind
SAltaWind
Community Member

I like the option to use TouchID after reboot, but I think the Master Password options need to change.

There's no way to require the Master Password after an amount of time without also requiring it after restart. After Restart should be separately selectable. I want to be able to use TouchID after restart, and also put my password in manually every two weeks to be sure that it stays fresh in my memory. Right now there's no way to accomplish that.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SAltaWind

Thanks for your feedback! This is something we can look at in the future but it's probably not something that will happen in the immediate future. Generally we would agree with you I think :) However, to get what you want would require some fairly large overhaul to that bit of code and while we'd like to make those changes it's not something that we have planned for 6.5.

To clarify, I'm not saying it won't happen, just that I don't see it happening soon. I'm only trying to set expectations. We'll also need to confer with our security team and try to determine what options would be best, they may agree with your request or they may not, so there's no guarantee it comes but we'll have to see how things shake out after discussions and things with larger changes we need to make to get these types of features.

This discussion has been closed.