Create new login/generate new password in Teams

unilamp
unilamp
Community Member

1Password for Teams seems like a great solution for management on all devices, but I can't see any provision for generating a new login or a new password. If this isn't possible it's a problem because I adopted 1Password for Teams to accommodate my Chromebook, since there's currently no app or extension implementation for Chrome OS.

The notion was, migrate to Teams and the online Teams app becomes my 1Password everything. I see that it can edit an existing login, but if it can't create a new one? I'm out of options on my Chromebook.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @unilamp! It's definitely possible to generate passwords, from any device you're using your team account with. :) On Chrome OS, sign in to your account at 1Password.com, create a new Login or Password item in a vault of your choice, then click the the key icon to use the password generator. There are quite a few options there as well. I made a screen recording if you'd like to see it in action. Let us know if you have any questions.

• unilamp
    unilamp
    Community Member

Perfect. I had not noticed the + symbol at the bottom, for creating a new [item]. Thanks!

• @unilamp Aha, it's a magical thing. Glad you've got it sorted now. :)

• unilamp
    unilamp
    Community Member

And, you know, just as soon as you release a Chrome OS browser extension, there will be street parades....

• We'll build a street around the world just so we can have a parade like no other. It will be legendary. :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.