Secure Note box size

Options
luvntravln
luvntravln
Community Member

The small size of the secure notes box is nothing short of a joke! I cannot find any way to make it larger.

I have some very important Word documents that contain various numbers, pins, logins, etc that I want to put on a secure document. I share this document with my wife through Dropbox sync. We both edit this document as needed.

Is there an alternative way to accomplish this task?

1Password Version: 6.2.1El
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:secure notes

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @luvntravln,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated, but I think we can find a good solution to your issue. The first thing that I'd like to mention is that even if the box for Notes in the app looks small, it grows as you write. You can have quite large notes in there. So you have an idea, I have a Secure Note that is over 150 lines long.

Another way for you to deal with this is to upload the Word document itself. To do this, go to Documents on the left, then click on File > New Document, and you'll be able to upload it right away. It will be stored encrypted, as everything else on 1Password.

I hope either of these solutions help you. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! :chuffed:

• luvntravln
    luvntravln
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Sorry, I was not clear! I was referring to the size of the secure notes boxes either in the IOS devices or when you open using browser extensions. I had been keeping these documents in GoodReader because in our IOS devices they open full screen. Yes, I can see them full screen even in secure notes when opened in my computer. That doesn't solve my problem because I need to be able to open them in our mini iPads and see them full screen.

Also, even online line, I do not see Documents on the left side.!

1P.jpg 30.6K
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @luvntravln,

Thanks for clarifying! It sounds to me like you’d like the option to view Secure Notes full screen in 1Password for iOS - is that correct? I admit, I don’t have a lot of long Secure Notes in 1Password, but I find it’s a lot simpler viewing them in landscape mode on my iPad.

I can certainly see the benefits of having a full-screen mode for longer Notes in 1Password for iOS, and perhaps allowing the details window to be resizable in the mini interface for 1Password for Mac. I’ll let our team know!

Also, even online line, I do not see Documents on the left side.!

Documents is a new way of handling attachments that was introduced in 1Password for Teams and 1Password Families. Have you signed up for a new 1Password account? If not, you have the ability to attach documents and images to individual items. They will appear in the details of that item, rather than a separate category.

• luvntravln
    luvntravln
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Why didn't I think of landscape mode? Duh!

I will look into Families. There is just my wife and I; sharing the same login seemed the simplest way to share.

Thanks,

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @luvntravln!

Ben

• luvntravln
    luvntravln
    Community Member
    Options

Is there anything specific regarding Families that would benefit two persons sharing? My wife has very few personal passwords and I have put them in their own folder.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luvntravln,

One of the coolest things about 1Password Families (for me) is the no hassle set-up. Having sync built right in means that as soon as you sign in to your 1Password account, all of your data is available on your devices, no matter which vault it lives in. With the sync-it-yourself version of 1Password, you have to add each vault to each device that you want to view it on. It’s great for customization (if I don’t want my work data on my iPhone, for example), but there is that extra set-up step.

It sounds to me like right now you and your wife share all of your data in one vault, with her details in a separate folder within that vault - is that correct? With Families, you would have the option to organize things a bit more: you will each have (by default) a Personal vault that can be used for your own information and access to a Shared vault. In my family, the Netflix Login and our banking details go in the Shared vault, and the personal account information (like our social media Logins) live in our Personal vaults. I’m a big fan of organizing and keeping everything in its place, so this is pretty valuable to me. If you’re used to sharing all your information, it’s a bit of a change, but it might be something that you come to enjoy.

I hope this helps, but I’d love to talk more about 1Password Families if you have any other questions. :)

• luvntravln
    luvntravln
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, we share everything; no need for more than one vault. Now that I can copy and paste important documents into Secure Notes and look at them "landscape" that probably answers the issues.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luvntravln,

I’m glad that you have a solution that works for you then! If you ever have questions, you know where to find us. :)

• luvntravln
    luvntravln
    Community Member
    Options

When using Secure Notes, is there anyway to manage the fonts? For example, how do I bold only Computers and only underline Amazon? I highlight a work and each time I go to fonts and choose a font and then bold the whole document is changed instead of just the one word>

COMPUTERS:

AMAZON: 

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luvntravln,

At this time, Secure Notes doesn’t support fancy formatting like bold or underline. We have had users request this feature before, and I’m happy to add your vote to the issue in our internal tracker.

In the meantime, you might try organizing things in custom fields. It’s not quite the same, but it will help you keep things separated out and perhaps be a bit easier to read.

• luvntravln
    luvntravln
    Community Member
    Options

LOL - Fancy formatting!

• Ben
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.