Best choice for 1P (wife and me)

supertopix
supertopix
Community Member

Hi, I'm a 1P long time user, on my 4 devices (iPad,iPhone, Macbook and iMac). Now I've discovered the Team/families option and would like to give a chance to my wife too :-).
Our family is formed by the two of us. Which is the best option? I believe that 5$ month is too expensive, now I'm using the Team beta but probably I'll have to go with a new license "stand alone", for my wife.
What do you suggest?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @supertopix! Glad to hear you're interested in 1Password Families. :) The best option is actually the $5 per month one for your family (up to five members). 1Password Teams is $5 per user per month, which would add up much faster. The benefits of Families over the traditional 1Password app are easy sharing of your passwords, the ability to help a family member if they get locked out of their account, all the 1Password apps included in the subscription, and automatic storage of your data so you can access it wherever you need. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, head over to the 1Password Families site to explore a bit more and get started. If not, feel free to purchase another license for your wife from our store. Let us know if you have any questions.

• supertopix
    supertopix
    Community Member

Thank you. IMHO $5 per month is a little bit expensive. My wife will use TEAM until the beta is on, then probably will buy a single license for her. Thank you

• Hi @supertopix,

From a cost perspective the subscription is actually probably the less expensive route to go. If you opt to pay annually that knocks the monthly price down to $4/mo. The standalone license doesn't include the Pro features for mobile, which the subscription does, and also doesn't include paid upgrades, which the subscription does.

Hope that helps!

Ben

• supertopix
    supertopix
    Community Member

Thanks again. Should I buy a stand alone license for my wife (yes, my family is a two member one, so no need of a subscription :-) ) how can I manage the two in my iMac+Macbook? I'll have my old license on my devices, my wife will have her new license on her iPad and her iPhone... but... what about the iMac+Macbook shared at home?

I hope to be clear. Sorry

• @supertopix Yep, you can just buy her a license and she can use it with all her Mac and Windows devices. The iOS app is freemium, so you can get it for free, but the Pro features cost as Ben mentioned above. If you're okay with that, great! :) To keep things synced between your devices and hers, I'd recommend sharing with Dropbox. Here's our full guide:

Can I share an entire vault with my family or co-workers?

If you'd prefer to not keep things in a shared vault, you can each sync with iCloud or Dropbox on your devices. You can do this in addition to sharing a vault as well. When you set up 1Password, a Primary vault is created and you can use that as your personal vaults. Then you can create another one to share with each other. Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.