No Sync option on my new Mac version. You support email address doesn't work

mikeehartley
mikeehartley
Community Member

I’ve had 1Password on my iPhone for a long time and really like it. I upgraded so I could have it on my MacBook also but cannot sync the two. I have gone over all of the documentation on how to do it but my Mac version does not have a Sync option as the documentation says it should. I can’t see another way to get my iPhone data to the Mac. I also have downloaded your diagnostics aid but I don't seem to be able to send the file because your email address doesn't appear to be valid. Help!

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-icloud, kb:teams-families-migrate, ug:mac/new-computer-wi-fi, kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• mikeehartley
    mikeehartley
    Community Member

More detail:
    My Mac has El Capitan 10.11.4
    1Password 6 version 6.2.1

• Jacob
    edited May 2016

Hey @mikeehartley! Sorry for the trouble. Since you viewed the iCloud sync guide and mentioned your iPhone, I'm assuming that's how you're syncing things. 1Password for Mac didn't have an option for this in version 6.1, but we added it in 6.2, so you should see it. Could you check that you're signed in with the same iCloud account on both devices?

A workaround is to just set up the app using the same Master Password you currently do on your iPhone, then follow this guide to sync your existing vault. If you're asked to merge with existing data, opt to do this and you should be all set.

As for our support email address, it should be valid. What happens when you try to send that report now? Could you post the email address you're seeing please? We'll look into what's happening. :)

• mikeehartley
    mikeehartley
    Community Member

My issue is there isn't a Sync option under preferences as there is on my phone. The MacBook app does not have one which seems weird.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikeehartley,

I'm sorry about the confusion! It sounds like you created a Family or Team account when you installed 1Password in your Mac. A Family account is a subscription, you can use 1Password with four other people and you don't need to worry about syncing. If this is how you want to use 1Password, then you don't need to Sync your data. You just need to add your Family account on your iPhone. To do this, in the app go to Settings and click on 1Password Accounts then Add account.

In the other hand, you can use 1Password with a standalone license and set up syncing yourself. In this case, in 1Password go to 1Password and then Preferences . Click on Advanced and "Enable Personal Vaults". This should reveal the Sync option so you can follow the syncing steps. Be careful to save all your data in the Primary vault, as it's the one that will be syncing to your phone.

Please let us know how this goes and if there's anything else we can do for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.