I use 1Password on Mac, Windows 10, and iOS. Somehow I suspect I am using the wrong vault on the Mac

robalexander
robalexander
Community Member

I have used 1Password happily for a week or so, on Mac, Windows and iOS. Suddenly I suspect that on the Mac I am using a different Vault, as changes I make on the Mac don't get replicated to the Windows/iOS. How can I identify which vault is currently being use on the Mac? Unlike on the Windows version, there doesn't seem to be an Open Vault option.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:What vault am I using?

Comments

• carpii
    carpii
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

In the Mac 1Password menu, there's an option to 'Switch to Vault'

You can also click the 1Password icon in the main application (to the right of the usual OSX close/minimise buttons)

Im still on 1Password 4 though, Im assuming it hasn't changed in 5

• robalexander
    robalexander
    Community Member

Further on this - I am using the version for the Mac downloaded from your site (1password 6) and I see that on Preferences->Sync it says: "This Mac is set up to run a 1Password Wi-Fi server which includes syncing of this vault to iOS devices. You can change this in the Wi-Fi Server preferences."

That probably means that it isn't syncing to Dropbox - which is what all my other devices do.

I didn't ask it to sync over WiFi and don't want to but I don't see any way to sync back to Dropbox - i.e. "You can change this in the Wi-F

How can I drop to sync over WiFi and get back to Dropbox?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robalexander,

Thank you for contacting us, we'll be glad to help you sort this out! Just to be sure, you're using 1Password on a standalone license, not a Team or Families account, right? If that's the case, then right after Sync in the Preferences menu you can see the option Wi-Fi Server. You can click on there to stop the Wi-Fi server.

This article will help you walk through the steps of setting up Dropbox on your Mac. If you run into any problem during the process please don't hesitate to ask!

Please let us know how this works out out for you and if it gets solved! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.