Migration From Personal to Families

kbcasey
kbcasey
Community Member

I am trying to migrate, but need some help. I have a desktop license, but that is loaded on my laptop which happens to be locked in my desk at work. I have it syncing to dropbox and have the mobile app on an Iphone 4 that syncs with dropbox. I use this more than the desktop version. I can open and see the items in my vault, but because I am not on the desktop, I don't have all the functions that are described in the migration steps. Is there anyway to migrate from this iphone/dropbox to the families account that I have now set up? I can see all the items, but can't get them over.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hey @kbcasey! We'd be happy to help you migrate things. I checked for licenses under the email address you used to sign up on this forum and you have a 1Password for Windows license. I'd like to note that 1Password Families support on Windows is limited at the moment. If you have Windows 10 installed, you can get our app for that OS. Otherwise, you can only access your account on 1Password.com from a browser.

If that sounds okay, the only way to migrate things is using your iPhone, and you can indeed migrate your data using that device. Just follow this guide, which goes directly to the iOS version:

Migrate to a Family or Team account

That does depend on the version of 1Password for iOS you're using, though. You'll need version 6 or newer. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.