Does I get free upgrades if I purchase from Mac App store?

sachith
sachith
Community Member

Recently I was looking for an answer for this question, but I did not able to find.

However, my question is, If you purchase through Mac Store will you be eligible to upgrade to major versions?
Example,
I know that updates are free current version 1.1 --> 1.X
This is my question, current version 1.1 --> 2.X / 3.X / 4.X

My question is not limited to Mac App store, it's for both Mac and iOS.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sachith,

There are two ways in which you can get 1Password. In one hand you can get a subscription to 1Password Families. It has many perks, one of them is that you always have the latest version of all the apps in all your devices. You can read more about 1Password Families here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

In the other hand you can get a standalone license. In this case updates in the current version are free. For major updates the answer depends on what's decided in each case. For example, for 1Password for Mac the update from 3 to 4 was paid (though people who already had a license got a big discount!). The updates from 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 have both been free.

I hope this helps you clarify things, please let us know if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.