Differences between purchasing through Business Store versus MAS VPP

markherbert
markherbert
Community Member

Hi,

We’re looking to supply 1Password on our staff MacBooks. At this stage we are not able to use Teams due to data storage requirements. I’m trying to work out the differences between purchasing from the AgileBits Business Store and the Mac App Store Volume Purchase Programme.

How are licences deployed for volume purchases purchased directly from the AgileBits Business Store. Is it just a single licence key we can deploy into the com.agilebits.onepassword4.plist on the user’s account? I found this discussion, but it went off to email as soon as it got to the interesting part! ;)

Currently the pricing is a bit cheaper through the MAS in our currency ($675 AUD cheaper for 50 users). Are there any disadvantages to purchasing it that way? I guess you lose the ability to use the Windows version of the app, updates wait for app store approval, and there is a different process for deployment.

Many thanks,
Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @markherbert! That's a good question. The main difference is, as you noted, you won't get the Windows version automatically. You can send us your proof of purchase at support+licenses@agilebits.com, though, and we'll set you up with Windows licenses if you need them, since they are included in the price in the Mac App Store.

How are licences deployed for volume purchases purchased directly from the AgileBits Business Store. Is it just a single licence key we can deploy into the com.agilebits.onepassword4.plist on the user’s account? I found this discussion, but it went off to email as soon as it got to the interesting part! ;)

Once you purchase them, you get license keys that you can send to your team members or activate on their devices.

I would like to note that a better option for you may be 1Password Teams. It makes sharing passwords between everyone a lot easier, and there's no need to think about licenses at all, just members of the team which you can add or remove. All the apps are included with the monthly subscription. There are power features like access control and account recovery if someone loses their Master Password and other account details. Feel free to look into it on our Teams site. If you have any questions, we're happy to answer them.

This discussion has been closed.