Hi, I created a second vault that entails partial infos from my primary vault. I want to keep this v

cb1106
cb1106
Community Member

Hi, I have a question regarding vaults. I have created a second vault that informs partial information from certain entries in the primary vault. I would like to a) hide this vault in the 1 password app and move the vault to an offline hard drive. The 2. vault is synching to the offline hard drive, but I can't make it not show in the app. As well, to see the data in the 2. vault, would I need to buy a second instance of 1 password that only runs on the offline hard drive? Finally, the created master password for the second vault, when will I need this?
Thank you for your help

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Vaults

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @cb1106,

I think I can help you with this.

Provided that you have setup syncing on your secondary vault, and everything has synced to that agilekeychain/opvault file, you can simply delete the vault from 1Password and it will not appear in 1Password any longer.

Simply:
    1. Setup syncing with the secondary vault and make sure it creates the file
    2. Select the secondary vault and go to the menu "1Password" and select "Delete <your vault's name> vault"

You could then add it back into 1Password by double clicking the opvault/agilekeychain file to view the contained data, and then remove it again when you don't want it to appear. You need the password of that vault when you create or add the vault to 1Password. So you'd need to remember the password every time you added it to 1Password.

Hope this helps.

• cb1106
    cb1106
    Community Member

Cool, great help. Thx a lot

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Nathan, you're very welcome! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.