Dropbox browser access not working

Jay20
Jay20
Community Member

I used to be able to access my 1Password contents through https://www.dropbox.com/home/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain and by clicking the 1Password.html which would then open to a new window/tab asking for my vault password. Since today I noticed that Dropbox is trying to preview the file on its own - clicking the .html file takes me now to: https://www.dropbox.com/home/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain?preview=1Password.html. This results to a blank preview window.

Google Chrome version 50.0.2661.94 m

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @Jay20, and welcome to the forums! The long and short of it is that 1PasswordAnywhere is no longer available via Dropbox. AgileBits founder Dave Teare talked about the history of the tool and why it's no longer supported in another thread, which can be found here. I understand that this might cause problems for your workflow, so I'm going to quote some of Dave's suggestions for moving beyond 1PasswordAnywhere:

First, you can continue to use 1PasswordAnywhere with an Agile Keychain stored locally or on a USB drive. Many browsers restrict access to local files, however, so be sure to configure your browser to allow local access.

If you need remote access to your 1Password data from anywhere, you can host your 1Password Agile Keychain folder on your own webserver. Be sure to enable appropriate access controls and take the necessary security precautions.

Finally, if you prefer a fully managed solution, you can checkout 1Password Families and 1Password Teams. These services do a lot more than 1PasswordAnywhere was ever capable of and also provides full web access (including viewing and editing) to all your data. You can even view your Documents and restore previous versions of items if you delete or edit and item by accident.

I'd also like to point out that we now have a "Large Type" setting in our mobile apps that makes it easier to view passwords that need to be typed into another device. This guide shows how to do that on Android devices; the process is the same in 1Password for iPhone.

I hope that helps explain what's happening and, hopefully, gives you an alternative to 1PasswordAnywhere that doesn't crimp your workflow! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.