1Password Mini uses a LOT of memory. How can I minimize that?

ronkia84
ronkia84
Community Member

Hi,

On my Macbook Air 1Password Mini uses just over 400MB of RAM. That is quite a lot, and much more than I think is acceptable.
I mean that is more than 5 times my Safari is using right now! Even 1Password itself uses only 54MB!

I checked and other utilities that I use, also use much less. Evernote uses only a third of that, and that is the largest of the bunch. Most of them use 50MB or less. Is this a bug? I doubt this is just because of my password list? Can I minimize it?

Thanks,
Ron

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 621002
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: kb-search:mempry, kb-search:memory

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronkia84,

I'm sorry 1Password mini is using so much memory on your Mac!

Can you please try restarting 1Password mini to see if that makes a difference? From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini (1Password will lock and you'll need to enter your master password again). Does mini's memory usage go down when you do that? And if so, does it eventually go back up again?

• ronkia84
    ronkia84
    Community Member

Ok. It went down to 27MB, but I just for fun I tried clicking around in Mini, and now it's already up to 56MB.
    And if I interact with it some more, it keeps growing pretty fast.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @ronkia84!

To help us figure out why that's happening, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.