Are attachments coming soon?

2»

Comments

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member

I can't believe I still are unable add attachments or take a picture and attach it. This is super frustrating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It certainly will be useful if and when we're able to add that feature, but it isn't something we're able to promise or offer a time frame for. I think it would be more frustrating if we did and then couldn't deliver. Meanwhile, 1Password for iOS still has all the other great features that got us hooked in the first place. Don't go all "glass half empty" on me now! ;)

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member

I would love to hear your guys reasoning behind this not being included. I don't see any other reason except your holding it back as a locked/paid feature for the next version.

I fear you guys are heading the wrong direction for your paid loyal customers.

I don't want teams, stop pushing it on us. Give your paid long time users the features/support we deserve. They keep getting all the feature we should be getting but we aren't.

How is this not high on your priority list? Do you guys have a roadmap available? What are you guys working on?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I would love to hear your guys reasoning behind this not being included. I don't see any other reason except your holding it back as a locked/paid feature for the next version.

@Micro23: I'm not sure what you have in mind as far as "reasoning"; it's non-trivial to develop, test, and support new features; and adding something like this to be backward compatible with multiple local vault types is more difficult than building support for it from the start, which we were able to do with 1Password.com to some extent since we had a clean slate there.

I fear you guys are heading the wrong direction for your paid loyal customers.

I don't want to make any assumptions about what you mean here. Can you clarify?

I don't want teams, stop pushing it on us. Give your paid long time users the features/support we deserve. They keep getting all the feature we should be getting but we aren't.

If that's what we were doing, it would be much easier to simply not support local vaults going forward, and save ourselves half the work. But some of your comments sound a lot like you're suggesting we should add major features perpetually for free, instead of part of a paid upgrade or subscription. When you buy a Star Wars movie, you don't get the next one for free. People getting paid for their work is the only way there ever is a next one.

How is this not high on your priority list? Do you guys have a roadmap available? What are you guys working on?

We're working on a lot of things, but we don't discuss roadmaps or unreleased features publicly. When we're not satisfied with them, we either delay or don't release at all, so talking about them in advance is a recipe for disappointment. Imagine how miffed you'd be if we'd told you that this feature was imminent and then killed it! :angry:

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member

Thank you for finally giving an actual response. I really appreciate it.

It has been months since it was proposed and we don't hear anything about it while it seems to be one of the most requested features. That sure seems strange. I do understand your response about older versions, but there has to be at least a few ways to resolve that issue.

The wrong direction was referring to pushing people towards teams.

The part about features with teams was directed to the fact that we still have no two factor and that duo is only supported on teams accounts.

I understand you need to make money, that's why I paid for your software multiple times across multiple platforms. That's why I provide feedback, beta test, and recommend your software to hundreds of my customers/clients.

Not having a roadmap, is like driving with no cause/direction. As your customers, we have no roadmap. The excuse that it "might" get killed is pretty lame. You guys are better than that.

Either way, look forward to seeing what you guys can do and hope that the locally installed version keeps getting supported/features.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for finally giving an actual response. I really appreciate it.

@Micro23: You're welcome! I just wish I had better news for you in this case. :(

It has been months since it was proposed and we don't hear anything about it while it seems to be one of the most requested features. That sure seems strange. I do understand your response about older versions, but there has to be at least a few ways to resolve that issue.

I can see how it may seem that way. Certainly this is a features that is at or near the top of some folks' wishlists — including you and I. But that's where things take a bit of an interesting turn...

The wrong direction was referring to pushing people towards teams.

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think it's accurate that we're "pushing" anyone, but I can understand why it might feel that way if you want some of the new features we're able to add there (which we can do more easily without legacy baggage), and you're torn between wanting to stick with the standalone version and getting some of that new stuff.

This goes back to the last point about feature requests. 1Password subscriptions began with 1Password for Teams. If you had any idea how often we were asked for this service by various companies you'd understand why we built it. When we introduced it in beta last year, many people used it for their families and asked for family pricing, so the obvious next step was 1Password for Families subscriptions. I'm sure you can imagine what the next big request was at that point, by individuals who weren't living with a family, so we are now giving all three groups of people exactly what they requested. If people weren't requesting these things, we very well might have never spent the time, money, and hard work its taken to create the new 1Password.com platform, but we were asked for them many times over the years leading up to 1Password Teams and after, so we did.

So while it probably seems like there are other things that have been requested more if you're not particularly interested in the zero-config sync, easy sharing, and simplified licensing of the 1Password.com service, I can appreciate where you're coming from. Any time something new is added that isn't on our personal lists, we feel like efforts would be better spent on the thing we're longing for. ;)

The part about features with teams was directed to the fact that we still have no two factor and that duo is only supported on teams accounts.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I'm hoping that we'll be able come up with a good way to offer multifactor to others as well, both for usability and cost. :)

I understand you need to make money, that's why I paid for your software multiple times across multiple platforms. That's why I provide feedback, beta test, and recommend your software to hundreds of my customers/clients.

We love you. Seriously. We couldn't do what we do without the support of you and the rest of our awesome customers. And we especially appreciate the honest feedback and testing bravery, since those are understandably not something that everyone wants to take the time to do. And loving 1Password enough to actively recommend it to others is the highest praise. Thank you! :love:

Not having a roadmap, is like driving with no cause/direction. As your customers, we have no roadmap. The excuse that it "might" get killed is pretty lame. You guys are better than that.

Not really. We certainly work very hard, but we're only human. We have our own internal plans, but those necessarily change. We've signed up for the disappointment and frustration this can cause us when a pet project/feature gets scrapped, but most customers just want a good product that helps them make their digital lives easier, without wanting a roller coaster ride they'd be taken on if we talked about this stuff publicly. Some people love roller coasters, of course, but most people just want 1Password to be dependable. If they'd wanted to ride closer to the edge, they'd sign up for the betas — like you and I. But even beta testers have their limits, and we're in the minority here. :tongue:

Either way, look forward to seeing what you guys can do and hope that the locally installed version keeps getting supported/features.

Likewise! It has been getting new features over time and will continue to so long as folks continue to support us by purchasing licenses, but in many cases 1Password.com will get more since it's much more flexible and allows us to do things we never could with the standalone apps. That's why we built it in the first place: to be able to do more, and to offer 1Password users the features/experience they've been asking for. I know that part doesn't help you if you're not a 1Password.com subscriber, but I think it's important to be realistic. :blush:

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member

This post has kept me around for another year or two ;) I really appreciate the detailed response. Hey it's 2:00 am est so that means even west coast time it's too late to be working. Just the fact that you took the time to respond like this shows you really care about your product, in the end thats all i can ask for. Go spend time with your family! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.