Feature request: disable automatic credit card saving at retail sites

Options

Many retailers will try to store your credit card information "for future purchases" when you shop at their sites. Frequently, the check box is pre-checked for you - and you'll end up letting them store your credit card information if you are not careful. I wonder if 1Password could detect this - and check/uncheck it for me based on a user set preference? Might be a nice addition - hear about databases of customer information getting loose every day. If we don't give it to them, they can't loose it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:credit card save

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @blg.griffith,

It's an interesting idea and you're not wrong, somebody can't lose something if you never allow the to store it. How easy would it be to implement such a feature? That itself is an interesting question. There are no standards here so there isn't an easy way to identify such checkboxes. A lot would come down to how much variability we see over all the sites and whether we could come up with a set of observations that reliably identify them without masses of false positives. In theory it's possible though, we already send details about the page to 1Password to allow it to select where to fill the various card details so assuming the checkbox is on the same page it would be about adding another step.

I can't promise anything but it's certainly something where the groundwork would seem to be in place, they key part would be if we can reliably identify that kind of checkbox and ensure we're correctly setting it. Hopefully this idea appeals to others too :smile:

ref: BRAIN-241

This discussion has been closed.