Could Watchtower give me a nudge to change a vulnerable password?

Options

I love having watchtower let me know when a site has been compromised, but often, when I fill my credentials with ⌘\, I never even see the red watchtower bar. Could 1Password give me a little notification anytime I log in on a site that watchtower has flagged?

Thanks AgileFriends!

Connor

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Watchtower

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @connorp,

Such a feature would be platform specific as the extension doesn't actually have any sort of User Interface (UI). The real purpose of the extension is simply to act as a bridge for communication between the browser (the bit you want us to interact with) and 1Password mini/helper. I'll happily move your request to the right area if you can let us know what platforms you use so that it might get the right visibility :smile:

• connorp
    connorp
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, okay. In that case, I use 1Password on Mac and iOS! Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @connorp. We are considering some notification/alert type features, but I can't make any promises at this point. Cheers!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member
    Options

I have actually brought this exact thing up before. It sure seems strange there is no alert, popup, warning when there is a watchtower hit.

FYI there was a HUGE breach today. I emailed the team hopefully they update watchtower quickly.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-passwords-idUSKCN0XV1I6

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Micro23,

It's certainly something we are looking at. Thanks for the reminder that you are also interested in it. :)

There are still some questions about that breach. This Wired article makes it sound quite a bit different than the Reuters article:

Hacked password collection isn't as bad as it sounds

This discussion has been closed.