Still need to sync?

Options
what_happened
what_happened
Community Member

After creating my online/family vaults is syncing through dropbox/icloud still needed? Or does the syncing happen somehow through my-account.1password.com My apologies if this is a ridiculously simple question... :)

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 621002
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:still need to sync with dropbox?

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@what_happened no need to apologize! It's a good question. 1Password Families handles all the syncing for you, so your data is available on any supported device or modern web browser. That way you never have to worry about setting up syncing yourself, or troubleshoot a problem with another service, to access your 1Password data. :)

• what_happened
    what_happened
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. So when in my desktop 1password preferences, under scyning, it should be set to non?

• what_happened
    what_happened
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind.... everything is working. It was just a little slower on my end.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@what_happened I'm glad everything is working! You can still sync existing vaults through iCloud, Dropbox, or Wi-Fi Sync. But everything connected to your 1Password account is automatically synchronized across your devices and the web. I hope that makes sense :)

• PapaZ
    PapaZ
    Community Member
    Options

So if we have transfered our vaults to new Family account and all devices and users are in Family, can we shutoff Dropbox sync totally?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PapaZ you can if you'd like! I don't believe there are any drawbacks to continuing to use Dropbox sync, but if you want to turn it off, you can.

This discussion has been closed.