Problem filling in new passwords

gabriellegottlieb
gabriellegottlieb
Community Member

Hi. When I click to generate new password a new pw shows up but when I click "copy" the new pw does not fill in the field where I need to register on a new website. I do not know which version of 1Password I have. Where and how do I find this information.
Please advise. Thank you. Gabrielle

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:android

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@gabriellegottlieb welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with the 1Password extension. I just want to check one thing: Are you manually choosing to copy the generated password from within the extension? I just made a dummy password to test this, and this is the button I'm shown with the latest version of the extension:

I have to hit the little arrow next to Fill in order for the option to Copy to show up:

If that's not what it looks like with your extension, I recommend updating to the latest version of the extension, which you can download here. Alternately, this might be a problem with the website; have you noticed it whenever you generate a new password, or only on a specific website? Let me know if any of this helps and we'll get you sorted :)

This discussion has been closed.