What's going on here? I purchased 1PW 6 a while ago, now it's telling me trial is up and need to pur

anthonypoolman
anthonypoolman
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

What's going on here? I purchased 1PW 6 a while ago, now it's telling me trial is up and need to purchase again? can't access any features. Please fix revert asap. Licence no is [License removed] My log in was never what it says; very strange. Not happy..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What's going on here? I purchased 1PW 6 a while ago, now it's telling me "trial is up" and I need to purchase again? I can't access any features. Please fix and revert asap. Licence no is My log in was never what it says it is - very strange. Not happy.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anthonypoolman,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you bumped into! When you purchased your license you didn't activate it.
    You can do so by following this guide: https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#if-you-purchased-1password-from-the-agilebits-store

Please let me know how this goes for you and if you have any other questions I can assist you with :chuffed:

• aolsson
    aolsson
    Community Member

Hi have the same probs with my 1 password.

My PC doenst work anymore and on my Mac it claims that my trial have gone out??

I bought 1 Password for IOS back in April 2013 (apple store) and still work
    For Mac July 2013 (apple store)
    and finally Win in January 2016 (direct with you).

The mac version seems to work but it tells me that the trial is over??

br
    anders olsson

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@aolsson sorry you're having problems with this! You shouldn't be getting a notification about the trial expiring from the Mac app; everything you purchase from the Mac App Store is connected to your Apple ID and managed by Apple. Did you by any chance sign up for a trial of 1Password Families or 1Password Teams? If so, that could explain the notifications. I recommend going through the steps in this support article: If you see "Trial Expired" I hope that helps!

• aolsson
    aolsson
    Community Member

Hmm, you are probably up to something here.. but even easier.. feel somewhat stupid.. :)
    I had a severe crash on my main Macbook AIR for a month ago (forgot that) and bought a new Macbook, that’s the reason of course. I just installed it in demo mode.
    Anyway, I bought my Mac version of 1 Password from Apple Store and do not have have any serial number, where do I find that ?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aolsson,

Sorry to hear about the problems with your previous MacBook Air! But thank you for mentioning that you got a new Mac, that explains what's happening: On your new Mac, it sounds like you downloaded the AgileBits Store version of 1Password (i.e. the one available from our own website) instead of re-downloading it from the Mac App Store. The AgileBits Store version can be downloaded for free but requires a license key for activation after the trial period ends. There's no free trial available from the Mac App Store, so the "Trial Expired" message only appears in the AgileBits Store version.

If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you don't have a license key for that. Purchases of 1Password for Mac made through the Mac App Store are tied to your Apple ID and therefore do not require a license key. But you don't need a license key - you simply need to re-download the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchases section.

The Mac App Store version will show up in the Applications folder as 1Password.app (or simply 1Password). Open that, and it should be able to find the data from the AgileBits Store version. As long as everything shows up in the Mac App Store version, you can remove the AgileBits Store version by dragging the 1Password 6.app file (or 1Password 6) from Applications to the Trash. When you do that, make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

• aolsson
    aolsson
    Community Member

Hi, great, did exactly what you wrote and now the “trial period” is gone..
    .. just a question, when I should choose the "data", I had two options, "dropbox" and "AgileBite". I choose AgileBit. Was that right or did it not matter? I have 1Password on my homeMac, workPC and iPhone (all apps bought separately) and they should all share the same data..

many thanks for your quick and accurate support :)

a.olsson

• @aolsson Wonderful! As for the data options, they should have been Dropbox and 1Password Families or 1Password Teams. Does that sound about right? You can check how your data is being synced by launching the app, clicking the 1Password menu > Preferences > Sync. Also try the Teams tab for 1Password accounts. Let us know what you find. :)

This discussion has been closed.