I am unable to sync my Mac 1 Password primary vault with my iCloud primary vault.

gricka
gricka
Community Member

I downloaded the demo, just purchased a license, have bee using iOS version with iCloud syncing for some time. I am not given the option of syncing with iCloud under 1 password preferences on my Mac.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-icloud, ug:ios/sync-with-icloud, ug:mac/, ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forums, @gricka! I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with iCloud syncing.

Just to clarify, what options are available to you when you go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync and select the vault you want to sync? You be given the following options from the dropdown menu: None, iCloud, Dropbox, and Folder. Are any of those showing up?

• gricka
    gricka
    Community Member

None, Dropbox, and folder

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@gricka thanks for letting me know. Can you follow the steps in this support article to make sure iCloud Drive is operating on your Mac: If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud If it isn't turned on, go ahead and turn it on, and it should appear as an option in 1Password for Mac.

• gricka
    gricka
    Community Member

iCloud Drive is operating, I am using it to sync Pages, etc. 1Password does not show up as an option to enable under iCloud syncing. I downloaded 1Password from your website, not from Apples App Store, and I think that is where the problem originated. I just don't know how to fix it now.

• gricka
    gricka
    Community Member

I solved the problem by deleting the previous version and re-downloading 1Password, which then gave me the option of syncing over iCloud. Seems to have worked.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@gricka excellent! That was going to be my next suggestion, so I'm glad it worked. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I'm glad that you can now sync with iCloud :)

• gricka
    gricka
    Community Member

Thanks @nmott!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@gricka my pleasure! :)

This discussion has been closed.