Wi-Fi Sync on my Android APP is not working. Sync Automatically is ghosted out. No sync is ocurring

Options
David_Brooks
David_Brooks
Community Member

No sync is ocurring

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:android/wifi, ug:android/settings-sync, kb-search:Sync Automatically is ghosted out, kb-search:sync Automatically, kb:wifi-troubleshooting

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi David,

Wi-Fi sync requires you to manually start sync when you are on the same network as your computer and also with 1Password’s Wi-Fi dialog open on your computer. Because of these requirements, Sync Automatically is not available for this sync method.

To start Wi-Fi sync in 1Password for Android, swipe down in your item list in Favourites or the Categories view. Alternatively, you can tap on the 3 vertical dots and select Sync in the overflow menu.

If you prefer automatic sync with your computer, you may want to consider using Dropbox sync or use 1Password Families.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

• mackie57
    mackie57
    Community Member
    Options

I have a BB Priv and a windows 10 laptop. Both have 1Password installed. I turned on the Wi-Fi on my Priv and also on my laptop. I tried to sync and I get an error "Can't connect. Open 1Password on your computer and ensure Wi-Fi server is running." My Wi-Fi is definitely running, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mackie57,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with Wi-Fi sync, and thanks for writing to us about it.

I'd like to ask for some clarification about the steps you've already taken. You said you've "turned on the Wi-Fi" on both devices. Can you verify that you've started a sync server by selecting File > Wi-Fi Sync from 1Password 4 for Windows, which displays a secret number that you need to enter in 1Password for Android? If not, you'll need to do that first in order to sync your data.

• mackie57
    mackie57
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. I was doing everything right but my phone WiFi kept looping from saved to getting IP address and would not connect. After re-booting my phone, forgetting the network, re-entering the Wi-Fi password and unplugging the router... I finally got it! All my other devices were connecting perfectly but I think it was when I unplugged the router and started it back up that made the difference. I have everything now sync between all my devices. Thank you!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome, @mackie57, and thanks for following up. Gosh, that sounds frustrating, but I'm glad to hear that you got the sync working at last! That's good news indeed. :)

This discussion has been closed.